Thoughts from Month 1:
- I love love love to cuddle my baby. It never gets old... not even at 3 am.
- His little noises are the cutest sounds in the world. (ok so maybe not his roars...)
- I don't love changing blow-outs... which happen all too frequently.
- His little smiles are rare.. but totally melt my heart (even if it's really just gas).
- Breastfeeding started out rough. I wasn't ready for how painful it would be at the beginning. Luckily it's gotten a lot better. In fact, nursing him is actually very calming and comforting now.
- I am totally and completely sleep deprived and it is HARD. My body wasn't prepared for that either.
- It's really frustrating not being able to do anything but watch TV most days because Ander is so fussy (constant tummy aches). It makes me feel like a blob.
- It's even harder not knowing how to console a baby that is not feeling well. Dagger to the heart! I'm going without dairy to see if that helps... (I'm definitely missing ice cream)
- I'm really REALLY excited to exercise again. I just want to dance!! Hurry up 6 week check up!
- I wore heels for the first time in 9 months on Sunday and it was scary... but awesome. :) I should probably practice for a few weeks before I hold Ander in them.. HA!
- I love playing dress up with Ander's tiny, adorable little outfits every day.
- I have the best hubby ever. He is so willing to get up with me at night or change a dirty diaper, or hold a crying baby, or ANYTHING. He rocks.
- Brandon is the cutest daddy ever. I fall more in love with him every day as I watch him with Ander. I see some dads that are so awkward with their babies but it seems to come so naturally to Brandon. I am so grateful for that!
- I have the BEST in-laws. They are so willing to come help me out with Ander... be that calming a crying baby (grandmas rock at that!) or taking him so hubs and I can take a nap or run errands.They are also ALWAYS bringing Ander gifts like cute clothes and toys. ha ha.
- I love my little family. Brandon, Ander, Riley, and I make a pretty good team, I'd say. Life is good!
He only lasts about 2 minutes in the swing... so I had to take this quick! ha ha
Lookin classy for church. He only made it through half... but that's something. Ha ha
Four generations of Dares! :)
Grandpa McCloskey got this giraffe chair for Ander and he already loves it! :)