Skip to main content

Brandon is Prospering :)


This is kind of old news but for those of you who don't know.. Brandon got this amazing job for a company called Prosper. It's a financial consulting company for people who want to get out of debt, succeed in their businesses, or just be smarter with their money. He has learned a lot and is doing really well. He animatedly tells me all about it all the time! haha. He actually won a huge flat screen tv because he is so amazing! It was a 42 in. but we decided to upgrade a little and get a 50 in. It has been SO nice. Our old tv was so ghetto. Ha ha. To celebrate we got a kinect for our x-box and the game dance central. We play it ALL the time. :) He also just won a huge stainless steel grill! We are pretty excited about that and can't wait to have a real backyard we can put it in! For now it will be used well at my in-laws house. Bring on the steak!! Woot woot! Brandon also won a week driving a brand new Mercedes. Its b-e-a-u-tiful! If only we could keep it! Actually Brandon says he wouldn't want a car that nice because he is so afraid of anything happening to it. Ha! I completely agree. We DO need a new car however. If any of you hear of something cheap, let me know! Our Buick is dying. :( Anyway, his team just moved up to Draper so its a bit of a commute everyday. He may have to quit once school starts which is a bummer. School is going to be really hard this year in his business program so having a full time job would be quite a struggle. Sigh.. I guess we will just have to see how it all plays out! Life is good! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

Hey guys. This is a very personal post but... I need help. Being a new mom has been, well, lonely. Really lonely. Yes, I have my precious baby boy to play with all day but it's not like he can talk to me, really listen to me, or play with me. It's hard when it's so one sided alllll day. The most exciting things in my life (other than the cute things Ander is constantly doing and the couple hours of rehearsal I have each week) are finally finding something good to watch on Netflix, finally seeing Brandon's car come in the driveway, or getting an Amazon package in the mail. It's always been easy for me to make friends and form connections with people. I've always had a best friend. It's weird to not have one. Yes, I have close friends and I love them dearly. But I don't have that one person that I can call for anything, that person who lives down the road who I can hang out with all the time while Brandon is at work, or on the weekends to go have

A YEAR AND A HALF!

Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down there time. You are gettin' a little quick for my liking. Ander Man has gotten big way too fast. He is 18 months old! That's like... a year and a half! =P  I do have to say that he is sooo much fun at this age, even though we've seen glimpses of his future "terrible two" year old self (oh please let him stay an angel!). He is so independent and so curious about everything. He sure is a happy little fella. He definitely knows how to get his way with that cute smile of his. I mean, who could say no to that? He is so so sweet and is so good to snuggle with mom and dad. He still doesn't say a whole lot. He mostly just grunts and points. I'm pretty sure I gave birth to a caveman. ;) Here's a list of some things he says (and a lot of them are his own interpretations of the word): Mom, Dad Nana, Pop Pop Papa Dog, Puppy Bottle Blankie Hi No,Yes (but mostly "no") He can make quite a few animal sounds. I t

One in Four

It's crazy how quickly things can change. On Thursday, March 15th, we saw and heard our baby's strong heartbeat.  The following Monday, we discovered it had stopped beating. For reasons we will never know, our precious little one had died. We shared the news with broken hearts and received an outpouring of love from friends and family. What surprised me was hearing from so many of my friends who had experienced the same tragedy. I'd heard that miscarriages were common but I never thought it would happen to me. 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. One in four. There are so many of us. Too many. I never knew how common it was because no one ever talks about it. Why not?? I wanted to write about my experience to 1) help you understand if you've never gone through it and 2) to comfort those who may be in the middle of it. If you are, I am so so sorry. I started spotting when I was around 7 weeks along. I wasn't too worried because that is pretty commo