Skip to main content

OahUUUUuuuu!!



I flew straight from Orange, CA to Honolulu, Hawaii for a week of fun with the fam! I was SOOO psyched to see Brandon again. Two weeks is WAY too long. I never EVER want to be away from him that long again. I can't believe I cried at the airport upon seeing him after all that time. What a goober. Ha ha. Oahu was SOO much fun and it was SO great to see Quinn again. We miss him!!Sorry these photos are so scrambled. They are definitely not in the right order but I can't figure out how to fix it. Ha. The above photo is at Sunset Beach. That was my favorite night of the trip. We just played in the water until the sun started setting and then played in the sand, tried out our model poses (ha) and had some friendly competitions. Ha ha. Brandon creamed us all in the long jump but the foot race was a close one between him and Quinn.



Ted's Bigger Burgers was YUMMY. Holy Hannah are those burgers ginormous! Mine was SOOO good. It had a "bigger (you choose big, bigger, or biggest.. I was hungry ok?)" pattie (7 oz), avacado, bacon, hash browns, lettuce, pickle, onion rings, tomato, ketchup, and honey mustard. I think that's everything...haha. I don't even want to know how many calories that was... But I would totally go back. YUUUM! haha.


The first day of our trip Rick biffed it really hard on the sand when he was trying to body surf a gnarly wave. There were signs saying to use caution because the waves were dangerous. In fact life guards were telling us over the speaker to go to a safer beach if we weren't experienced. Rick was the first to head into the water. When we asked him if he wanted a boogie board, he said, "Let me see if I can survive first." Ha. I guess not. After the accident, he struggled to make it back to the beach and then headed over to the Lifeguard to get something for his bleeding head. A few minutes later he returned with a confused expression on his face. He sat down and proceeded to ask us several questions such as "How did I get this ice pack? What happened? Where are we? We would answer his questions but he would keep repeating his questions every 30 seconds or so. After he called Brandon, Frank, we decided we needed to get him to the hospital. We couldn't get him to go willingly as he kept saying, "Wait just a second. Just tell me what happened" after we had told him multiple times. After an exciting ambulance ride we spent a few hours at the hospital while the doctors checked him out. The ride home was pretty funny since he couldn't remember anything that happened two minutes ago. After we told him what happened he asked, "Did I just get pile driven (his favorite description of the accident that day) into the sand? Did it look cool? Was it a big wave? and of course.. What happened? Ha ha. Don't worry, I got some of it on tape. His memory slowly returned but he will never remember the accident or the ride to the hospital. Poor guy. We are so glad he is back to normal. :) Lesson learned: Don't go boogie boarding( or body surfing) at Sandy Beach in Oahu! Its dangerous!!

Comments

  1. haha that is a hilarious story about uncle rick!!!!!!!!!!!! i definitely want to see that tape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a great time! I'm glad Rick will be ok; I'm still nervous for him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Help

Hey guys. This is a very personal post but... I need help. Being a new mom has been, well, lonely. Really lonely. Yes, I have my precious baby boy to play with all day but it's not like he can talk to me, really listen to me, or play with me. It's hard when it's so one sided alllll day. The most exciting things in my life (other than the cute things Ander is constantly doing and the couple hours of rehearsal I have each week) are finally finding something good to watch on Netflix, finally seeing Brandon's car come in the driveway, or getting an Amazon package in the mail. It's always been easy for me to make friends and form connections with people. I've always had a best friend. It's weird to not have one. Yes, I have close friends and I love them dearly. But I don't have that one person that I can call for anything, that person who lives down the road who I can hang out with all the time while Brandon is at work, or on the weekends to go have

A YEAR AND A HALF!

Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down there time. You are gettin' a little quick for my liking. Ander Man has gotten big way too fast. He is 18 months old! That's like... a year and a half! =P  I do have to say that he is sooo much fun at this age, even though we've seen glimpses of his future "terrible two" year old self (oh please let him stay an angel!). He is so independent and so curious about everything. He sure is a happy little fella. He definitely knows how to get his way with that cute smile of his. I mean, who could say no to that? He is so so sweet and is so good to snuggle with mom and dad. He still doesn't say a whole lot. He mostly just grunts and points. I'm pretty sure I gave birth to a caveman. ;) Here's a list of some things he says (and a lot of them are his own interpretations of the word): Mom, Dad Nana, Pop Pop Papa Dog, Puppy Bottle Blankie Hi No,Yes (but mostly "no") He can make quite a few animal sounds. I t

Our Little Lion- Ander's Birth Story

My mom flew in from AZ to work her magic on Friday, Aug 30 th . She arrived at around 1 pm and we promptly went walking around the nearby outlet mall for several hours. We went to dinner at 6:30 and during the meal I started noticing stronger, deeper contractions that were pretty regular. I didn’t think they were real contractions because I had just been measured at 1.5 cm dilated 2 days prior and my doctor was thinking I would deliver after my due date (Sep 5 th ). I started timing them at about 5-6 minutes apart. Mom decided we needed to do more walking (ha ha) and so, of course, we went and did more shopping. The contractions got so uncomfortable that I couldn’t walk normally. At around 9 pm I called my doctor and he said I could head to the hospital at any time. I wanted to labor at home as long as possible to avoid the use of medication so he told me I could wait until they were about three minutes apart. We went home and watched a movie (How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days) to distract